A journey by the misty greens Part 1/2

 

On the 7th of this month, at 4:25 pm, I found myself standing on Platform no. 3 of Chinchwad station. Looking ahead, I saw the 1030 Kolhapur Mumbai Koyna Exress chugging in.

I got into the train in the AC compartment. I was going to my relatives in Thane for  a week. This was my first holiday in a long long time. Sp, I had planned to enjoy it to the most. However, this being the month of July, the monsoon was upon us and it was showering everywhere.

The train journey I took was going to pass through a very scenic route.It would pass through small towns as well as the popular twin hill stations of Lonavala and Khandala. My entire 3 hour odd journey was spent looking out, of the AC bogie’s tinted window. My eyes marveled at nature’s beauty. It was something that we miss in the hustle and bustle of our busy city life.

The best part of the journey started after I passed Lonavala(sandwich anyone ?) and the Sahyadri ghats came into view. They ended at a station Karjat, renown for another Maharshtrian snack – The wada pav. The train passed through a number of tunnels in the way. As soon as we approached a tunnel, the lush green valleys were replaced by complete darkness interspersed only by the orange lamps lit inside them.

The 2nd and final part of my journey comes in another post tomorrow.

Comments and suggestions on this post are welcome.

Comments

  1. Not remembin d date xactly, but was stuck at chennai central last year durin d first week of oct. we wer returnin after d robotics competition at IIT Madras & d tracks at banglore wer filled wid rains, so d trains wer delayed for 13-14hrs...
    Spent dat night at d station...

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Last unit test of my engineering life!

Response vs. Reaction